Knowledgebase article 1
PDF Files Launching with Adobe Photoshop Elements
When you attempt to open a PDF file, the Adobe Photoshop Elements program opens up instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The File Association for PDF files needs to be changed.
NOTE: There is a screen shot attachment with this article called filetypes.png.
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start, Run, type C: and press the enter key.
- In the window that comes up, on the menu bar, click Tools, Folder Options.
- At the top of the screen, there are some tabs. Click the File Types tab.
- Using the right-hand scroll bar, scroll down until you see PDF-Adobe Photoshop Elements and then click on that entry. (NOTE: The extensions on the left are in alphabetical order.)
- Right below the list of extensions, click the Change button.
- In the list of programs, click Adobe Acrobat 8.1 and then click OK.
- Click Close.
- Close the C: window.
Your PDF files should now open with Acrobat Reader.
- Aug 27, 2015